For some reason, sometimes I find it really hard to get to sleep or even wake up and can't get back to sleep. This may be for a number of reasons. I know this happens with you to. This may be because you are stressed. It might be because you have an over active mind and can't switch off. It could be because you are at a cross roads with your life and not sure which direction to go in. Do any of these signs sound familiar?
Well I came across this Yoga Pose when I was pregnant with my first child and it was a total game changer. It's called Legs Up The Wall Pose and it really helps with:
- Relaxes your mind
- Provides sciatica pain relief
- Improves thyroid function
- Relieves headaches and migraines
- Increases energy
- Alleviates lower back tightness and discomfort
- Relieves leg and feet cramps
- Promotes lymph flow
- Manages varicose veins
- Gently stretches the backs of your legs
- Improves circulation
- Alleviates mild depression
- Improves digestion
- Improves sleep patterns
- Balances blood pressure
So as you can see the pose is amazing as it has so many benefits. I am sure if you look at the list, you can name at least one of these symptoms. So lets go and see how we do it.
1. Find a wall and sit down as close to the wall as possible. Shimmy your buttocks as close to the wall as you can do and lay your back flat on the floor.
2. Bring your legs up straight against the wall. You are aiming to get your buttocks at a right angle from the floor to the wall. This will allow your back to stretch out. You can use props for example a blanket, blocks, cushions and bolsters to get really comfortable and for you to be able to fully relax.
3. Have your arms resting wherever is comfortable either on your tummy, down by your sides or outstretched.
4. Close your eyes and breath. Inhaling through the nose and out through the mouth.
5. Your legs can be in different positions. Either straight up, V shape or in reclined Butterfly pose. Go with your intuition and see where feels comfortable and where you will feel the most benefits.
6. Stay here for as long as you need to.
7. To come out, roll onto your right side and push up to a seated position.
Let me know how you get on by leaving a comment below. Let me know how you felt while doing it and how you felt afterwards.
If you are struggling to sleep even after doing this then head over to the FREE On Demand Yoga Classes where you will learn techniques to overcome the sleeplessness and feel 100% better. Click HERE to sign up for FREE.
If you have found this post helpful, the please share by clicking the image below.
Have a great day.
Lots of love xxx